Estate planning service
At Rawlinsons we offer an estate planning service to all our private clients, regardless of size.
Simple advance planning can help to avoid considerable amounts of tax, ensure that your estate passes in the way you desire, protect your wealth for future generations and eases the burden on your loved ones when you pass away.
We can advise you on the most efficient way to arrange your affairs and potential ways to reduce your Inheritance Tax (IHT) which can include:
- Maximising the use of IHT reliefs
- Ensuring your assets qualify for Business Property or Agricultural Property Relief where relevant
- Making lifetime gifts both to other individuals and into trust
- Reviewing life assurance policies and ensuring proceeds are paid tax efficiently
- Reviewing pension arrangements
- Calculating and documenting gifts out of income
- Freezing assets and removing capital growth from your estate
- Converting assets into those which would enjoy IHT reliefs
- Claiming deceased spouses nil rate band
- Maximising the use of the nil rate band for successive marriages
We ensure that clients have wills reflecting their wishes
Additionally, we ensure that clients have wills reflecting their wishes – as tax minimisation is not always the most important factor.
Preserving wealth for the family can be accomplished in a number of simple ways – taking advantage of exemptions, use of trusts, appropriate financial and pension products and, of course, drawing up tax efficient wills. There is no right answer for any one individual and at Rawlinsons we ensure that we listen to your wishes and come up with a plan that suits you and your family, one which can be regularly reviewed and amended to suit your needs during the course of your lifetime and beyond.
We are also ideally placed to assist executors with the administration of estates and provide advice and support with the probate application and associated IHT forms.
Rawlinsons partner Julie Bloodworth is a registered member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. Rawlinsons adhere to the STEP Code for Will Preparation in England & Wales, a set of ethical principles that operate for the benefit of clients. Please click here to find out more.
Baldwins Probate Services Limited is licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales to carry out the reserved legal activity of non-contentious probate in England and Wales. Senior Director Julie Bloodworth is an authorised individual.
Details of the firm’s probate registration can be viewed at icaew.com/probate, under the firm’s reference number which begins C005446867.